Whether you have been watching TV a lot lately or been following the news, you have probably heard of green economy, green tech, and Eco-entrepreneurship. Whether you like it or not, green technologies are coming, and we are going to have a greener future. That’s a very exciting news for those of us who know how to take advantage of opportunities in this new industry. There are plenty of ways to start a green business, help clean up our Earth, and make a living in the process. And since we are in early days, there are a lot of opportunities to jump on and get an early edge in this industry. You just have to agile.
If you are new to the whole green “thing” and interested in starting your own green business, there are plenty of good books to get you started. You do want to know as much as possible about this industry to develop and implement your idea in a more effective fashion. But fear not as there are plenty of books that can help you do just that (aside from blogs and forums). Here are 8 good ones you should read:
Start Your Own Green Business: this is one of my favorite book. It’s concise and to the point. It’s not written to make you a master in this industry but is a great crash course. It does help you graduate to more comprehensive books more easily.
Harvard Business Review on Green Business Strategy: needs no introduction. It’s the one green book everyone should read before jumping into this industry.
75 Green Businesses You Can Start to Make Money and Make A Difference: this is one of the best books to read if you are looking to develop a unique idea for this industry. You may not be interested in any of these ideas, but you can easily come up with your own after reviewing some of these.
[click to continue…]
You don’t have to be a genius to realize that the future belongs to greener technologies. Many companies have already started adopted eco-friendly standards to help save the environment and save the consumers money in the process as well. Many consumers have taken things in their own hands by going solar or setting up their own windmills. There is no better time to be an ecopreneur. But you don’t have to own a shop or have a physical product to make it in this industry. Thanks to the power of the Internet, you can continue being an inetpreneur and make money in the green field as well.
The key to success as an eco-net entrepreneur is providing unique value to your prospects. As long as there is real demand for your service, there is no reason you can’t earn money in this field. Here are 10 ways to make money online in this field:
- Blogging: green blogging is one of those careers that can be rewarding and fun at the same time. As long as you can provide unique value, there is no reason you shouldn’t go for it.
- Portal: a green portal similar to what WebMD has done can be extremely useful for folks who are interested in going green soon.
- Vlogging: creating a web show about green products and technologies can also make you a bit of money and help you expand your business. If you love video, don’t ignore this.
- Guides: showing people how to go green and save money in the process can earn you money online as well. Many have successfully sold their green DIY guides and you can too. But make sure you provide real value.
- Tips: creating a tips website or newsletter can also help you make money on the side (whether it’s advertising or your website).
- Affiliate Marketing: you can always promote affiliate products and make money online without any risk at all.
- Book: if you are an expert in this field, you can always try to write a book about it. You can use Lulu, Amazon Kindle platform, and other third party services to get the job done.
- Marketing: helping green startups bring their products to the market is another way to get involved in the green tech industry.
- Membership sites: you can offer people a chance to join your membership site in return for your coverage of cutting edge green technologies and world class practices.
- Social Media: creating a social media using Ning or other services out there is a good start. You can also invest in your own custom-designed social network or forum to help your users get the most out of your community.
There you have it. There are plenty of ways to make money in this field as long as you offer some unique value to your prospects. Green is the future of business, so why not be a part of it.
Your take: what type of green business you are interested about starting?